October 24, 2006

the power of tiny words..

Two years ago my life was turned upside down by a three letter word: all (Watch for it..) "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall make your paths straight." A few months later I was at Capernwray working in the summer program and the registrar Sue got up to speak to a group of families and she said "Jesus is knocking on all the doors of your life. He wants to move freely in every room. Will you let him in?" All, huh? What about just the ones that I don't a vested interested in? How about as long as I still have the illusion (or delusion) of control? I don't even know how to start to give all... It turned out, I didn't need to know how. The Holy Spirit did. He stopped knocking and started busting down some of the doors. (Aside/tangent: I've heard people say that the Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He will ask to work in your life and politely wait for a response.
This has not been my experience. We belong to God--property surrendered. He will (out of His deep love) do a work to extract the character of Jesus if he has to take us kicking and screaming... I know this to be truth. My lungs are still sore from the screaming and I have nasty bruises from the kicking.)

Look how that tiny word 'all' deepens the meanings of these statements in Romans 8:
>And we know that ALL things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
>If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us ALL, how shall He not with Him also freely give us ALL things?
>Yet in ALL these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

So today I was marvelling at the word 'is'
>Good and upright is the LORD
>The LORD is my light and my salvation
>The LORD is the strength of my life
>the LORD is with those who fear Him

"Is" can be replaced with equals (=). This morning that two letter word guided me to His promises--He IS who He says He IS. Never understimate the power of tiny words...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home